First I guess that I should give some background information. I don't think I have read a book, not counting childrens books, in probably the last 10, maybe even 12 years. I'm NOT a reader. My sister, my mom, my Grandma...all LOVE to read and I do not. I do not have the time or the patience to sit down and read a book, especially a long one. My mom had been pestering me to read the Twilight books, my sister loved them, she loved them and she really wanted me to read them so that
a) I can prove to everybody that yes, I can read. I do know how, I'm not dumb, I just don't like to read.
&
b) She having thats mother senses knew that I would like them.
Well she was WRONG! I didn't like them...I LOVED them and am completely obsessed and addicted to the books & the movie, I've seen the movie three times and I swear it gets better each time! She lent me the book back in October and after a month of her bugging me the beggining of November I finally picked up the first book and started reading, really just to make her happy. Well I finished that book in about 5 days...on to the next one. It was another 4 or 5 days and I finished that one. The third book I finished in a week (keep in mind that the books get longer each time)
I thought I would wait and start the last book at the hospital when I had Jackson. BAD IDEA! It's so hard to read with three kids! Either someones crying or someones fighting or someone else is hungry and then bedtime hits and I'm so incrediably tired. I have tried getting up early and reading in bed with my flashlight (so Jackson won't wake up) but then I'm even more tired. I have about half of the book left and then I'm done...but then I want to start reading then from the start again.
It's funny how being in the vampire world while you're reading you kind of bring their world into your own. I have some stories but you'll have to ask me about them later ;)
OLIVIANNA
15 years ago




2 comments:
Welcome to the club!!! Lol, glad you liked them! how are you feeling these days? We should get together for a play date sometime if you are feeling ok. let me know!
kee hee :) twilight works EVERY time! I've gotten my hubby to read them, my MIL, my little sister, my stepmom, and even my dad. I don't think I've met anybody who started them who didn't get addicted :)
read in the bath :) tell your hubby that the next half hour is yours, shut the bathroom door, and lock it. turn on the fan so you can't hear anything. use bubbles, cuz you might as well. and read away :) (maybe set the timer to be fair to your fam :))
Post a Comment